Patricia Redlich

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Don't Want College

Question
I know this sounds ungrateful and even bizarre. I got the points I needed for my course choice. The problem is I don't want to study that subject. My parents would be devastated if they knew as it's their dream. I feel I've left it all too late and am hopelessly trapped.

Answer
Tell your parents. If they're wise, they'll see that you following their dream is a responsibility too far. I hope you already see that it's a recipe for disaster. You'll blame them for every setback. Your whole life will be their fault. The temptation will be great for you to sabotage. Angry dependency will be your likely fate. Resentment will replace joy. Speak your mind. There are always solutions. Go looking.
 
Irish based professional therapist and journalist. Website By : Deise Design